background


Monday, April 12, 2010

Teeny Tiny Houses






So I'm pretty sure we've decided on a place to live next year: a bright blue house. It's conveniently only two blocks from where we live right now (two blocks closer to downtown/main street), has a fenced in yard for the dogs, and is ridiculously cheap and charming. It's a downstairs "apartment" of the overall house. The upstairs has been vacant for a while, and according to the landlord (and my own opinion after looking at the practically gutted loft-esque second story) it will remain as such for a little while longer. Anyways, it took me a whole 24 hours to think it over because as the title of this entry suggests, it's a miniature house. It's only 800 square feet and has hardly any closets, unless you count the so-called second bedroom (which in my opinion is the intended closet for the master bedroom). Alas, I could have spent all day thinking about how much we'll be able to save (and how much we now get to spend on cable!) as well as how practical it is, however, I choose to spend all day at work on apartment therapy looking at tiny house after tiny house of adorable coziness that I so badly want to be a part of. If you don't know about this site you may as well be living in a white walled cell. They have this awesome contest going on right now though that's all about tiny houses. People send in pictures of their quaint little abodes which are arranged into categories on the site based on square footage. The link I've included is houses in the size range I will soon be moving into. So go take a look! Drool! And love whatever tiny place you may be in right now!

2 comments:

  1. oh oh! I am SO excited about this post (but sad you won't be at the 709 Tiny House wahh)!!! Can't wait to visit ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I emailed and called the guy who owns your tiny blue house and never heard back. Obviously I love yours more and would seriously give a finger, or two, or three, to have it all to myself but I don't think it's happening. The place we've applied for is cheaper anyways so at least that softens the hurt. I still run/walk by your house everyday though waiting to see the for sale sign to become for rent. If we sign a lease on this place though I'm going to have to stop torturing myself with that daily ritual...

    ReplyDelete