background


Friday, April 16, 2010

Roanoke Rendezvous

On my way to Christiansburg yesterday to waste the entire beautiful day sulking away in the records room (basement) of the court house I suddenly missed my exit. That misses exit somehow landed me at the doorstep of bubblecake in Roanoke. Somehow... So i made a day of it and finally did everything I've always wanted to do in roanoke.


Like eat oodles of sugar which then gave me a headache.


Luckily I was armed with a togo mug so I could load up on free coffee allllll day long at every starbucks I saw. And I mean every. I never drink starbucks black coffee but when its free, it's free. Of course I played it off like I was so surprised at everyone I went to: "how much do I owe you? Oh it's free? No way! Thanks!" ;) The point of the day apparently is to show starbucks dedication to the environment. I wonder if that was still the point when I used the drive through...


Either way, I strolled market street, picked up some herbs, ate world famous hot dogs, went to the art museum (not everything I'd been waiting and hoping for by the way), and drove/got lost going home the scenic route to admire all the springness.



You know, Roanoke is kind of a groovy place.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment