background


Monday, August 30, 2010

Falling Down for Fall


I always think I never want summer to end but once the August heat reaches its climax I itch for cooler breezes. There is no place in the world better than Blacksburg, or the Blue Ridge mountains in general to experience fall. As a native Floridian I grew up with only one and a half seasons: summer, and cooler than summer. Although Virginia isn't the place I want to live much longer, I know I'd miss autumn. I swear it's the only season I can genuinely feel and smell, and this is personified best in Yankee Candle's "Autumn Leaves" which I found out today is discontinued. A past roommate had that candle and I fell in love with it. I would always light it after opening all the windows and cleaning the entire house. It instantly makes the house seem cleaner, and warmer, and I become more productive than I ever thought possible. On my day off today I knew I HAD to have it back. I went to 3 different stores, finally finding it on sale (!!!) at Bed Bath and Beyond, which I didn't even know we had. I wanted to stock up, and I probably should have, but I settled on two little tumblers and little sample size votive. Needles to say my house smells amazing now. I strongly suggest going out and snatching these up while you still can, you will not regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment