background


Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Ain't no Liqour in this Town

Mason and I have officially reached townie status. We had plans to drive to the Christiansburg Walmart tonight to get some house essentials but came to the conclusion that neither of us are in decent driving condition.

I figured this was as good a time as any to update my neglected blog. After moving into the new house I discovered the cable was still connected so I was scared to go to Comcast and hook up the internet at the cost of loosing our free cable (which ha
s quickly turned into the equivalent of a heroin addiction, I love it so much I hate it, and after 30 mins of using it I feel like a worthless slob but can't say no to another episode of "The Rachel Zoe Project," even though I hate myself the entire time I watch it). But eventually I realized my iPhone can't cut it as the sole source of internet. Especially with such a kickass (otherwise worthless) computer.

I haven't taken "after" pictures of the new humble abode but I will include some "before" shots. We basically walked in and our jaws dropped. As mason said, "I can see how I may have liked it at first, but you? What were you thinking?" Thanks....

About a month later however, I'm in love with the house. Especially the "den" which reminds me of the "tv room" I had growing up in Maitland, dark, cozy and awesomely comforting.

And now for the before shots... I promise to update more often...









1 comment:

  1. Are you kidding me?? I see MAJOR potential with this bad boy!! Oh, I'm excited. And it doesn't look that tiny! And it has windows! I'm (not so) secretly into those green walls....

    Waiting with baited breath for some "after" shots!

    ReplyDelete